Not quite the silver screen but he's still my favorite Valentine!
We all have our favorite films AND the favorite lines to go with them.
One of my all time favorites is from the 1950 classic "All About Eve" in which a conniving Margo Channing (Bette Davis) warns: “Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.”
But it's Valentines season so I thought we'd soften things up a bit with 14 of the best movie love quotes of all time:
1) My hands down all time favorite is: "Swoon, I'll catch you" from The English Patient - Almásy (Ralph Fiennes) to Katherine (Kristin Scott Thomas).
2) When Harry Met Sally (1989): "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Harry (Billy Crystal) to Sally (Meg Ryan).
3) City of Angels (1998): "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One." - Seth (Nicolas Cage).
4) Terminator (1984): "And maybe it'll be enough if you know that in the few hours we had together we loved a lifetime's worth." - Sarah (Linda Hamilton).
5) Sense & Sensibility (1995): "I've come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours." - Edward (Hugh Grant) to Elinor (Emma Thompson).
6) The Notebook (2004): “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day." - Noah (Ryan Gosling) to Allie (Rachel McAdams).
7) Shakespeare in Love (1998): "I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening. but love that...overthrows life. Unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture." - Viola (Gwyneth Paltrow).
8) Sleepless in Seattle (1993): “...I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home...only to no home I’d ever known. - Sam (Tom Hanks).
9) Love Story (1970): "Love means never having to say you're sorry." - Jennifer (Ali MacGraw) to Oliver (Ryan O'Neal).
10) Hitch (2005): "Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away." - Hitch (Will Smith).
11) Casablanca (1942): "Here's looking at you kid." - Rick (Humphrey Bogart) to Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman).
12) To Have and to Have Not (1945): "You don't have to do anything for me. Oh, except whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." - Marie 'Slim' (Lauren Bacall) to Harry 'Steve' (Humphrey Bogart).
13) Forrest Gump (1994): "I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is."- Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks).
14) Pride and Prejudice (2005): "You have bewitched me, body and soul and I love, I love, I love you." Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen) to Elizabeth (Keira Knightley).
Did we miss any?
Images and quotes courtesy of: Miramax Films, Twentieth Century Fox, TriStar Pictures, Warner Brothers, Paramount Pictures, Newline Cinema, Columbia Pictures, Orion, Focus Features.